Human Tecar Therapy
Human Tecar Therapy is a unique manual therapy treatment used in physiotherapy and popular with professional athletes. It uses a combination of sophisticated manual techniques with electrotherapy technologies.
What is Tecar Therapy?
Tecar or “capacitive and resistive electrical transfer” works by generating a physiological activation within the body’s internal tissues through three reactions: Microcirculation, Vasodilatation and Temperature increase.
This activates the area being treated by:
- Increasing the cellular metabolic processes
- Stimulating the innate energy within biological tissues
- Activating the body’s natural repair and anti-inflammatory processes
What are the benefits?
- Reduces recovery time by accelerating the body’s natural healing mechanisms
- Avoids the side effects of some drugs, such as anti-inflammatories and painkillers
Benefits for Runners
Treatment with Human Tecar has the potential to improve running performance and prevent injuries. It harnesses the body’s natural healing and speeds up recovery.
Professional 400m sprinter LaShawn Merritt describes Tecar as “activating”, putting “life in” him and feeling “ready to go”. Watch him talk about it here.
Tecar Therapy combines both manual therapy and electrotherapy techniques to maximise microcirculation, blood flow and healing capacity.
Tecar Therapy at ALO
André has worked closely with the Human Tecar team for several years ensuring the highest levels of knowledge and skill in treating a wide range of conditions.
Last year Andre was involved in treating the elite marathon runners at the London Marathon.
André was the first physiotherapist to bring Human Tecar equipment to the UK and is the preferred partner of Human Tecar within the UK.
TO BOOK YOUR HUMAN TECAR THERAPY SESSION:
- Tecar Therapy FAQs
- Watch this demonstration of Human Tecar Therapy in action.
- Watch interviews with professional athletes about their experiences of Human Tecar:
- LaShawn Merrit: American Track and Field Athlete
- Alex Zanardi: Racing driver and paracyclist
- Scientific Studies of Tecar Therapy
- Also used in Equestrian Physiotherapy