Do you spend many hours each day Working at a Desk?
If you are concerned about the impact on your health, there are many things you can do to help:
Stay active whilst working.. find opportunities to do pieces of work whilst standing or moving.
Get advice about the best exercises you can do to prevent any aches and pains.
Have a look at our e-book “10 tips for desk workers” which is all about how to maintain a healthy body whilst working.
Have a consultation with one of our specialist Physiotherapists at ALO Physiotherapy to advise you on a personalised programme to maximise your health, improve your posture and desk set-up whilst working.
If you have been experiencing Back or Neck Pain please have a look at the information below about how to make a full recovery..
“How to Recover from Back or Neck Pain caused by Desk Work”
If you are getting back or neck pain and you spend many hours working at a desk, you are not alone, we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, Back Pain and Neck Pain are THE most common problems that we see at ALO Physiotherapy.
Those people who have back pain or neck pain all want to know:
“Why am I getting this pain?”...
“Why Am I Still Suffering After Putting Up With It For 6 Months (Maybe More)?
Most people think that Back Pain will just go away on it’s own.
That they’ll wake up one morning and the back pain will have gone and it will never return… But then after 6 months, you’re still living with back pain - often it’s worse than it was when the pain started.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time at ALO Physiotherapy Clinic is when people go to the Doctors, and they are advised to rest, “try these painkillers” and “give it time”.
Very often, they end up going back to the Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better. Then they may be given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest. This is madness and explains why so many people aged 30+ are suffering with chronic lower back pain or neck pain.
Has This Type Of Thing Happened To You?
Why else does back pain last longer than it should do? Well, it’s easy to get confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. There’s lots of people out there who are happy to dispense advice - but not all of it is credible.
Maybe you think your back pain was caused by doing something - like lifting, overstretching or sleeping in a bad position - but really it was caused by many many years of poor posture that caused the muscles in your lower back to become weak and the lifting / stretching or the bad sleeping position was just the EFFECT of that.
If you don’t have the correct knowledge - back pain can be very confusing and because of this, many people become resigned to it becoming ‘part of life’.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If You’re Currently Living With Low Back Pain or Neck Pain and you work at a desk, here’s some More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would get better on it’s own - but it didn’t
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers - but the medication did not help your back at all.
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets Back pain or Neck pain, so you just accepted it as a normal part of life
4. You went to see other Healthcare Professionals, or a Physio in the past, but nothing helped
5. You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t make any difference, or made your Back or Neck pain much worse
6. You thought it would be a good to rest because the pain was so bad, but that only made your back / neck feel even more stiff and tight
7. You went for a few “massages” hoping they would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t fix the pain in the long term…
If any of these have happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our physios at ALO Physiotherapy Clinic to find out what can be done to help you. If you’ve tried any or all of these things already, it is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work - you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us. We will give you some solid advice over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is finished. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Back / Neck Pain Quickly?”...
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
1. Firstly, you need to decide you want to get some help. Many people do not seek help, thinking that Back pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it becomes worse.
2. Next, do the CORRECT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease Back pain is to do the correct series of exercises – exercises designed by a Physiotherapist will help the pain, and allow you to move freely again quickly – without making the pain worse and ensurng you recover completely.
3. Avoid long periods of rest or sitting – have you ever tried to get up from the sofa after resting for a while, but it’s really difficult because your back feels so painful? That’s because one of the worst things you can is rest, and sit for long periods of time. Too much rest, and sitting in awkward positions makes your back stiff and tight. The appropriate mobilising and strengthening exercises will help, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physio - Physio is proven to help people with low-back pain. At ALO Physiotherapy Clinic it’s one of the most common problems we see. If your back or neck pain is affecting your work, your ability to keep active, or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - Physio can help get you back to living the full life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physiotherapy team at ALO Physiotherapy Clinic in Harley Street, London can help you live with less Back or Neck pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics:
Please Note: We offer this Free Taster Session to people who are very nervous or sceptical about Physiotherapy - unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please begin with a free taster session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done - without any financial risk for you.
So the next question is:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physiotherapist at ALO Physiotherapy Clinic Help You Recover from Your Back / Neck Pain - In The Next Few Days?”
Here’s a few of the things our Physiotherapy Team can do for you:
We can quickly minimise the pain and stiffness - often within a couple of sessions
We can help you find out what’s really the root cause of your Back / Neck pain once and for all - often inside 20 minutes
Pain can make you feel exhausted and limit a peaceful nights sleep - we can help you to enjoy a good night of sleep and living with more energy each day
We will ensure that your problem is “resolved” and “healed” fully - and we will provide you with the ideal set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
We can help you to finish taking painkillers that are no good for your health long-term
We can help you avoid spinal surgery - and painful injections
We can help you keep out of the GP’s waiting room
We can help you get back to enjoying your life, spending quality time with family and friends
We can help you to finally get a good night of sleep without continuously waking, tossing and turning trying to find a position that feels right
We can help you to sit more comfortably and go on long walks without your back feeling weak and painful or like it is going to “give-way”...
Basically, we can help you return to living a full life free from chronic back or neck pain
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have at our ALO Physiotherapy Clinics in Harley Street, London, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
“Hear From Happy Clients of ALO Physiotherapy”
Please enjoy watching other people just like you who came to see the Physiotherapy Team at ALO Physiotherapy Clinic - and left much healthier and happier within just a couple of weeks: