What is Shockwave Therapy?
Fast relief from chronic pain
Non invasive Treatment for tendons:
- Tennis elbow
- Achilles’ tendinopathy
- Frozen shoulder
- And much more (see below)
Extracorporeal Radial Shockwave Therapy sends a series of high-energy impulses to the affected area. This produces an inflammatory response. The body responds by increasing metabolic activity around the site of pain which stimulates and accelerates the healing process.
What are the benefits of Shockwave Therapy?
Shockwave therapy stimulates the body’s natural healing process. There is an immediate reduction of pain and improved ease of movement. Secondary effects are minor. Shockwave therapy may also reduce the chance of further surgery.
- It can help to reduce pain in tendon and bone tissue.
- Increase blood flow to bone-tendon junctions
- Regulate cellular inflammation
- Increase activity of healthy bone and tendon cells
What does Shockwave Therapy treat?
- Chronic distal biceps tendinopathy
Chronic proximal hamstring tendinopathy
Greater trochanteric pain syndrome
Insertional Achilles tendinopathy
Medial tibial stress syndrome
Mid-body Achilles tendinopathy
Patella tip syndrome
Subacromial pain syndrome
Acute and chronic muscle aches and pain