We were the first Physiotherapy clinic in London to introduce Tecar Therapy to the UK. It is a highly advanced treatment that derives from Italy and Spain. Tecar is rarely found in clinics here which makes us proud to be unique experts in using this progressive technology. The results from this treatment are fast and scientifically proven.
Tecar is an energy technology delivered by physiotherapists that promotes faster functional recovery.
Tecar energy (a high frequency current) is very popular with athletes and many other patients at ALO Physiotherapy due to its therapeutic benefits.
The team at ALO have been using Tecar to treat patients like you for many years ensuring the highest levels of knowledge and skill in treating a wide range of conditions.
The key benefits of Tecar are:
- Accelerates pain reduction in comparison to other electrotherapies such as ultra-sound
- Accelerates the natural healing mechanisms of the body, thereby reducing recovery time
What is Tecar energy Technology?
Tecar energy is a high frequency current oscillating between 300 kHz and 1 MHz. It accelerates “the natural regeneration” of organic tissue. Its low intensity means the energy is completely non-invasive and 100% natural for the human body.
Studies conducted over the last thirty years have shown that its therapeutic effects naturally stimulate tissue regeneration and reduce pain.
What are the advantages for patients?
- Faster functional recovery. (The beneficial effects are apparent after just a few sessions and improvements can be observed even 24 hours after treatment.)
- Treatment is painless and relaxing.
- Treatments are safe and have high therapeutic efficacy.
- Promotes a sense of well-being, predisposing the subject towards post-treatment physical activity.
- Faster rehabilitation.
What conditions is it used to treat?
Muscular, joint and lymph problems:
- Sports Physiotherapy
Tecar is particularly useful for pain relief and anti-inflammatory purposes. It is used to treat acute or chronic conditions in the muscles and joints. The technology helps to break the vicious circle of pain/ inflammation/stiffness, drainage of effusions, improvements in joint mobility and improvement of healing process. Reduction in recovery time, accelerated return to normal activities.