If you are experiencing foot pain then seeing a physio will enable you to recover quickly and get back to sports, work and the things you enjoy most.
The most common causes of foot pain we see at ALO Physiotherapy are traumatic injuries such as ankle sprains or chronic pain associated with achilles tendonitis or plantar fasciitis. Our physios will help you to get the correct diagnosis so you can have the best treatment, enabling recovery.
- Assessment –We will ask you in detail about the symptoms of your foot pain and assess the biomechanics of how you move, your posture and the function of your muscles, joints and ligaments.
- Diagnosis – We will then diagnose the cause of the pain, this may include identification of a number of factors which have contributed to the pain starting.
- Treatment – We will formulate a treatment plan and discuss this with you. Treatments will first be targeted at reducing pain and then rehabilitation to maximise functioning of the affected area. Treatments may include:
- Manual Therapy
- Rehabilitative exercise
Check out our Blog post on foot pain CLICK HERE
Common causes of foot pain
- Plantar Fasciitis causes pain in the heel and arch of the foot and happens when you strain and injury the foot resulting in inflammation of the ligament.
- Achillies Tendonopathy often occurs when people start a new exercise regime or increase the amount of exercise they do. It causes swelling and tightening of the tendon.
- Lower Limb Fractures are cracks in the bones. Orthopaedic surgeons often refer their patients to us after surgery to assist with the rehabilitation of the limb. Often patients will find their muscles become weak and their joints stiff.
Recovering from a full Achilles rupture. Started my work with Nina in feb and my progress has only been positive and upwards and I am almost at full speed again. Nina put me back together again almost from scratch. She is the best physio I have ever worked with and will again. Very knowledgable and very hard working. Can’t recommend enough.
What a great find! My orthopaedic surgeon recommended them and I can't rate Luigi, Gloria and the team more highly. Excellent service and very effective treatment- recovering nicely!
I am 84 years old, and have always been fit and healthy and exercised regularly. 3 years ago I underwent emergency surgery for peritonitis, and had a colonoscopy bag for 6 months and straight after surgery to reversal of the stoma. After this surgery I felt my legs very weak. To complete my drama, during the last summer I developed an abdominal hernia and had surgery for hernia repair. This made me even weaker specially at my legs. I have recovered but felt weak. I started my sessions at ALO Physiotherapy at the beginning of January, with the Vibra Machine combined with specific exercises. I have now recovered my body strength, particularly in the legs. I am now walking normally and without pain. I am delighted!
Great clinic with great people! I was so lucky to find this clinic and even more when I met Andre. He's a very talented therapist and a wonderful person who makes you feel comfortable every time. He helped me to resolve my back problems in few appointments and I will be always grateful to him! From my experience is the best clinic in London and I highly recommend them without any doubts!
One of the best physiotherapy centres in the world! The professionalism and knowledge of this centre amazed me.
I am so glad I found this clinic. Luigi has been amazing. After my 1st session I felt an improvement and now have ALOT more movement and significant reduction in pain. I couldn’t recommend this clinic & Luigi enough. So helpful and flexible whenever I have needed to amend appointments. Every one is fantastic. I will continue to come here for as long as I need.
Andre is the best physiotherapist I came across. As a dedicated martial arts practitioner, I regularly use his services. He has always managed to fix my various back and leg injuries. I would recommend Alo Physiotherapy to anyone who suffers from body pain.
Where do I begin? The journey has been too long with Andre Oliveira and ALO Clinic , as he helped me both physically and mentally to overcome an injury I had in both of my knees. A small injury , after following wrong treatment became chronic and I found myself unable to walk/stand/run and do the simplest things- the mental impact was worse. I was introduced to Andre by Eleftherios Pavlidis who runs Laertion in Athens. lefteris with his team were the first to accommodate the problem and told me what I need to do. As a Londoner, I was introduced to Andre and ALO Clinic, and the rest is history. Since February 2017 when I had the first session with Andre and he identified the biomechanic nature of the problem, along with the use of Tecar the results were visible after one month. Since then, along with personal effort and strengthening I did always guided by Andre, I the problem is restored and the pain is gone. I highly recommend ALO Physiotherapy Clinic , and Andre Oliveira for anyone who suffers from sport injuries , amateurs or professional top athletes.