Neck Pain Treatment Harley Street
EXPERT NECK PAIN TREATMENT AT OUR HARLEY STREET PHYSIO CLINIC. RECOVER MORE QUICKLY, AND GET BACK TO DOING THE THINGS YOU LOVE.
How a physiotherapist can help
- Assessment – We will ask you in detail about the symptoms and assess the biomechanics of how you move, your posture and the function of your muscles, joints and ligaments.
- Diagnosis – We will then diagnose the cause of the neck pain, this may include identification of a number of factors which have contributed to the pain starting.
- Treatment – We will formulate a treatment plan and discuss this with you. Treatments will first be targeted at reducing pain and then rehabilitation to maximise functioning of the affected area. Treatments may include:
- Manual Therapy
- Rehabilitative exercise
- Use a low firm pillow – check that when you lie on it your spine is aligned well. You can ask someone to take a photo of you lying on the pillow and get a physiotherapist to check the position.
- Try exercises – these are examples of neck exercises you can do – ensure the movements are comfortable and you build up the range of movement gradually. Do not ‘push on through’ the pain or do movements which are painful.
- Take pain relief – paracetamol or ibuprofen – if the pain is impacting your everyday activity and/or sleep.
- Use a heat or ice pack – for 5-10mins for pain relief. Ensure the pack is wrapped up to avoid damaging the skin.
- Get an assessment from a professional – this should include an assessment of your posture during typical movements you do each day, for example, at work and for sports.
Common causes of neck pain
- Whiplash – occurs when your neck suddenly jolts forwards, backwards or sideways straining the muscles and damaging the soft tissue. Whiplash often occurs during a car accident or whilst playing sports and either receiving a blow to the head or falling and being struck on the head.
- Bad Posture – can contribute to having a hunched back from sitting at a desk or “text neck” causing the neck to slump forward causing pain in the neck and shoulders.
If the pain is not improving, see a physiotherapist to get a diagnosis and reduce pain quickly.
Research evidence supports physiotherapy for treatment of neck and shoulder pain. Exercise treatments have good research evidence for rehabilitation of neck and shoulder pain.
Recovering from a full Achilles rupture. Started my work with Nina in feb and my progress has only been positive and upwards and I am almost at full speed again. Nina put me back together again almost from scratch. She is the best physio I have ever worked with and will again. Very knowledgable and very hard working. Can’t recommend enough.
What a great find! My orthopaedic surgeon recommended them and I can't rate Luigi, Gloria and the team more highly. Excellent service and very effective treatment- recovering nicely!
I am 84 years old, and have always been fit and healthy and exercised regularly. 3 years ago I underwent emergency surgery for peritonitis, and had a colonoscopy bag for 6 months and straight after surgery to reversal of the stoma. After this surgery I felt my legs very weak. To complete my drama, during the last summer I developed an abdominal hernia and had surgery for hernia repair. This made me even weaker specially at my legs. I have recovered but felt weak. I started my sessions at ALO Physiotherapy at the beginning of January, with the Vibra Machine combined with specific exercises. I have now recovered my body strength, particularly in the legs. I am now walking normally and without pain. I am delighted!
Great clinic with great people! I was so lucky to find this clinic and even more when I met Andre. He's a very talented therapist and a wonderful person who makes you feel comfortable every time. He helped me to resolve my back problems in few appointments and I will be always grateful to him! From my experience is the best clinic in London and I highly recommend them without any doubts!
One of the best physiotherapy centres in the world! The professionalism and knowledge of this centre amazed me.
I am so glad I found this clinic. Luigi has been amazing. After my 1st session I felt an improvement and now have ALOT more movement and significant reduction in pain. I couldn’t recommend this clinic & Luigi enough. So helpful and flexible whenever I have needed to amend appointments. Every one is fantastic. I will continue to come here for as long as I need.
Andre is the best physiotherapist I came across. As a dedicated martial arts practitioner, I regularly use his services. He has always managed to fix my various back and leg injuries. I would recommend Alo Physiotherapy to anyone who suffers from body pain.
Where do I begin? The journey has been too long with Andre Oliveira and ALO Clinic , as he helped me both physically and mentally to overcome an injury I had in both of my knees. A small injury , after following wrong treatment became chronic and I found myself unable to walk/stand/run and do the simplest things- the mental impact was worse. I was introduced to Andre by Eleftherios Pavlidis who runs Laertion in Athens. lefteris with his team were the first to accommodate the problem and told me what I need to do. As a Londoner, I was introduced to Andre and ALO Clinic, and the rest is history. Since February 2017 when I had the first session with Andre and he identified the biomechanic nature of the problem, along with the use of Tecar the results were visible after one month. Since then, along with personal effort and strengthening I did always guided by Andre, I the problem is restored and the pain is gone. I highly recommend ALO Physiotherapy Clinic , and Andre Oliveira for anyone who suffers from sport injuries , amateurs or professional top athletes.