Wrist pain can often be caused by overuse through playing sports or repetitive movements in the hand, wrist or elbow. We see many patients with injuries caused by playing tennis, golf and other throwing sports.
How a physiotherapist can help
- Assessment –At ALO Clinic our physiotherapists will assess your symptoms and pain, checking for inflammation and ease of movement.
- Diagnosis – We will then diagnose the cause of pain and discuss any contributing factors with you.
- Treatment – For each patient we see we create a specialised treatment programme called the Physio Plan of Care and will discuss this with you explaining how we will treat the problem and how often we will need to see you.Treatment may include the following:
- Manual Therapy
- Tecar Therapy
- Rehabilitative exercises
Common causes of wrist pain
- Tendonitis (sometimes caused by tennis elbow) happens when the tendon swells up and becomes painful. It is most often due to repetitive movements in the arm which cause stress and injury to the tendon.
- Carpal Tunnel can causes a tingling or a numbing sensation in the fingers or hand. It is often caused by excess pressure to the wrist and to the median nerve, this causes swelling and inflammation in the wrist.
- Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis in the UK and often effects the fingers. It causes the fingers to become stiff, painful and swollen over time making it difficult to perform daily tasks. Osteoarthritis can also effect other areas of the body such as the hips and knees.
Recovering from a full Achilles rupture. Started my work with Nina in feb and my progress has only been positive and upwards and I am almost at full speed again. Nina put me back together again almost from scratch. She is the best physio I have ever worked with and will again. Very knowledgable and very hard working. Can’t recommend enough.
What a great find! My orthopaedic surgeon recommended them and I can't rate Luigi, Gloria and the team more highly. Excellent service and very effective treatment- recovering nicely!
I am 84 years old, and have always been fit and healthy and exercised regularly. 3 years ago I underwent emergency surgery for peritonitis, and had a colonoscopy bag for 6 months and straight after surgery to reversal of the stoma. After this surgery I felt my legs very weak. To complete my drama, during the last summer I developed an abdominal hernia and had surgery for hernia repair. This made me even weaker specially at my legs. I have recovered but felt weak. I started my sessions at ALO Physiotherapy at the beginning of January, with the Vibra Machine combined with specific exercises. I have now recovered my body strength, particularly in the legs. I am now walking normally and without pain. I am delighted!
Great clinic with great people! I was so lucky to find this clinic and even more when I met Andre. He's a very talented therapist and a wonderful person who makes you feel comfortable every time. He helped me to resolve my back problems in few appointments and I will be always grateful to him! From my experience is the best clinic in London and I highly recommend them without any doubts!
One of the best physiotherapy centres in the world! The professionalism and knowledge of this centre amazed me.
I am so glad I found this clinic. Luigi has been amazing. After my 1st session I felt an improvement and now have ALOT more movement and significant reduction in pain. I couldn’t recommend this clinic & Luigi enough. So helpful and flexible whenever I have needed to amend appointments. Every one is fantastic. I will continue to come here for as long as I need.
Andre is the best physiotherapist I came across. As a dedicated martial arts practitioner, I regularly use his services. He has always managed to fix my various back and leg injuries. I would recommend Alo Physiotherapy to anyone who suffers from body pain.
Where do I begin? The journey has been too long with Andre Oliveira and ALO Clinic , as he helped me both physically and mentally to overcome an injury I had in both of my knees. A small injury , after following wrong treatment became chronic and I found myself unable to walk/stand/run and do the simplest things- the mental impact was worse. I was introduced to Andre by Eleftherios Pavlidis who runs Laertion in Athens. lefteris with his team were the first to accommodate the problem and told me what I need to do. As a Londoner, I was introduced to Andre and ALO Clinic, and the rest is history. Since February 2017 when I had the first session with Andre and he identified the biomechanic nature of the problem, along with the use of Tecar the results were visible after one month. Since then, along with personal effort and strengthening I did always guided by Andre, I the problem is restored and the pain is gone. I highly recommend ALO Physiotherapy Clinic , and Andre Oliveira for anyone who suffers from sport injuries , amateurs or professional top athletes.
Very professional staff and friendly environment. I felt a lot better after very first session. Appointment are easily available. I would definitely recommend this place