Men’s Health Physiotherapy Harley Street
Specialist Men’s Health Physio On Harley Street
From problems affecting your sex life or your prostate gland to mental health and general fitness, there are many health problems that men can face. However, men can be reluctant to seek help for health issues – or even acknowledge when there may be a problem. Because of this the study and treatment of mens health is roughly 30 years behind that of womens health, despite many men also experiencing intimate health conditions for example:
- 1 in 10 men may experience incontinence or pelvic floor issues during their lifetime
- Following prostate surgery, up to 70% of men suffer from urinary incontinence
- 16% of males over 18 have overactive bladder
- Men training at a high level, for example runners and athletes, can be affected by pelvic floor dysfunction, often suffering from a tight pelvic floor
- About 2 in 10 men will have chronic prostatitis/pelvic pain at some point during their lives.
Men’s Health Physiotherapy covers a range of conditions including incontinence, overactive bladder, bowel dysfunction, pelvic pain and erectile or other sexual dysfunction. Andre De Oliveira works closely with Urologist and men’s sexual health expert, Dr. Fabio Castiglione. We are able to refer patients directly to Dr Castiglione for further screening if necessary.
At ALO clinic, we have both the extensive knowledge in the field and the technology to treat many of the above-mentioned common conditions as well as lesser known mens health conditions. We’re looking to erase the ‘taboo’ surrounding mens health and we encourage all men to be proactive towards their health and know that help is readily available in our clinic.
What can we help you with?
- Stress Incontinence
- Urinary Retention
- Urge Incontinence
- Neurogenic Detrusor Overactivity
- needing to pee more often or more urgently than usual
- having the urge to pee during the night
- trouble passing urine – you might notice a delay before you can pass urine or that you’re straining
- a weak flow of urine
- a weak pelvic floor
- dribbles of urine after you’ve finished
- feeling like your bladder hasn’t emptied properly
- pain when you pee
- post/pre prostate surgery
If you suffer with any of these problems, book in for a FREE 15-minute consultation with a physiotherapist who will listen to your concerns and let you know if men’s health physiotherapy is for you.
Call us on: 0207 636 8845 to book.
I’ve been working with Andre at ALO for the past 6 weeks and I must say it’s been a blessing , he’s deep knowledge coupled with holistic / spiritual approach brings life and meaning to the work we’ve done together . I would highly recommend Andre and his team!
Andre has been treating me for 4 months now. I came to him for my chronic prostatitis (chronic pelvic pain syndrome). The progress has been astonishing and after having seen 10+ doctors/physiotherapists I can say that Andre is leading the way for treatment. He has been the only one that is able to help me and the improvements in my condition speaks for itself. I highly recommend Andre/ALO Physiotherapy, specifically if you're struggling with Men's Health.